INTRODUCTION AND FUNCTIONAL ROLE
The Energy Consultant (EC) will be the primary point of contact with residential solar customers across Wisconsin as they evaluate the potential for photovoltaic solar and energy storage for their home. This individual will be responsible for learning and sharing a wealth of information about residential solar and battery technology. Individuals with previous consulting or selling experience, as well as those with relevant energy experience, are encouraged to apply.
Persons selected for this role will be responsible for educating, inspiring, and empowering their fellow Wisconsinites to choose solar for their home. Arch is committed to a consultative, no-pressure approach, and all our Energy Consultants are expected to follow the highest of ethical standards when interacting with potential customers. The EC will be the primary point of contact throughout the presale process, they will also be responsible for following appropriate procedures once a contract is signed, resulting in a smooth hand off to our operations team. While the operations team handles routine communication during the setup and construction, the Energy Consultant will remain informed of project status and engage with the customer throughout the entire setup and installation process as needed to result in a positive customer experience.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of solar and experience in customer service, sales or other customer facing roles. The position requires traveling to potential project sites southern Wisconsin as needed.
- Position Title – Energy Consultant
- Salaried position + contract-based commissions.
- Fair Labor Standards Act Status – Exempt Employee (salary+ commission)
REQUIREMENTS &PRINCIPAL DUTIES
- Generate solar PV designs using Aurora software for residential solar customers
- Generate, revise and share solar proposals and other documents with interested homeowners.
- Communicate with customer and internal stakeholders to ensure successful projects.
- Document customer interactions in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Accurately document project specific information used by other Arch Teams.
- Conduct in-person and virtual consultations to educate homeowners about the potential benefits, and potential challenges associated with their site.
- Attend outreach and education events with the public, including occasional nights and weekends.
- Perform in person and virtual proposal and design consultation sessions.
- Ability to work safely
- Valid Driver’s license
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Practical knowledge of electrical systems, solar electric systems, and their components is a plus.
- Previous experience in solar, consultative sales, or customer experience a plus.
- Solar and other clean energy coursework a plus.
- Experience selling, consulting or in customer service or home remodeling a plus.
- Strong computer skills, ability to learn and thrive in new software platforms.
- Arch Solar Head of Sales Operations
- Lead Energy Consultant
- Energy Consultant(this position)
- Retirement plan
- Health benefits
- Flexible schedule
- On the job training and experience
- Industry leading software and tools